The AICTE Pragati Scholarship, initiated by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), is designed to offer financial support to individuals from economically disadvantaged backgrounds who aspire to pursue higher education. The focus of this scholarship program is on enabling girls, who often face barriers such as financial constraints or societal obstacles, to access quality technical education.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
Objectives of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship aims to provide various benefits to girls who face challenges in accessing quality education. The scholarship extends grants to individuals from economically disadvantaged backgrounds who may have limited exposure to higher education. It serves as a tool to overcome financial hurdles and facilitates the pursuit of education.
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Tuition Fee Reimbursement: The scholarship covers up to Rs. 30,000 or the actual tuition fee, whichever is lower.
- Monthly Stipend: Selected candidates receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 2,000 for ten months each year to assist with various incidental charges.
- Book and Equipment Grant: Eligible students, who are also entitled to a tuition fee waiver, can receive a grant of Rs. 30,000. This grant can be used for purchasing books, equipment, software, laptops, desktops, vehicles, and paying fees for competitive examination applications/exams.
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship, it’s essential to understand and adhere to the eligibility criteria specified by the organization. Failure to meet these criteria will make applicants ineligible for the scholarship benefits:
- The AICTE Pragati Scholarship is exclusively for female candidates.
- Applicants must be admitted to the 1st year of a Degree/Diploma course at an AICTE-approved institution through the State/Central Government’s Centralized Admission Process.
- A maximum of two female children per family can avail of the scholarship.
- The annual family income should not exceed 8 lakhs.
- Selection for the scholarship is based on merit, primarily on the basis of the candidate’s qualifying examination.
- Start Date of AICTE Pragati Scholarship: October 1, 2023
- Last Date of AICTE Pragati Scholarship: December 31, 2023
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Application Process
Applying for the Pragati scholarship is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official AICTE website for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship.
- Click on “Register Here” to access the registration form.
- Fill in all the required details in the registration form.
- Click “Register.”
- Your user ID and password will be sent to your registered email ID.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Update your profile by adding all necessary details.
- Enter personal information under “Personal Details.”
- Input details of family and income under “Family & Income Details.”
- Enter the fee payment details under “Institute Details.”
- Provide all the “Education Details.”
- Include the “Bank Details.”
- Upload all required documents.
- Submit the form successfully.
To complete the application process, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- Mark Sheets: Submit your mark sheets for standards X, XII, and any other relevant qualifications.
- Income Certificate: Include an Income Certificate for the preceding financial year, issued in the prescribed format by a government official.
- Admission Letter: Provide the admission letter issued by the Directorate of Technical Education for admission to the Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate of Institution: Include a certificate issued by the Director, Principal, or Head of the Institute confirming your admission to the course.
- Tuition Fee Receipt: Submit the receipt for payment of tuition fees.
- Bank Pass Book: Provide your bank passbook in your name, indicating the account number and IFSC code. The passbook should also include a photograph of the candidate.
- Caste Certificate: Include a caste certificate if you belong to a Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), or Other Backward Class (OBC).
- AADHAR Card: Submit your AADHAR card.
- Declaration by Parents: Your parents must sign a declaration stating that the information provided by you is correct and that they will refund the scholarship amount if found to be false at any stage.
Track Application Status
To check your application status, consult the merit list published by the organization. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the scholarship.
- Click on “Scholarship Merit List.”
- Download the merit list, which will contain details such as caste category, student unique ID, student name, father name, course name, AICTE Institute ID, institute name, institute district, and state of the institute.
Candidates are selected based on their performance in qualifying exams. A merit list is prepared, and scholarships are awarded based on merit. The authorities decide the beneficiaries, and scholarships are provided to those belonging to economically backward sections of society. This scholarship encourages girls to pursue higher education, thereby contributing to their empowerment.
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2023 is a remarkable opportunity for female students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. It offers financial assistance to pursue higher education, breaking down barriers created by financial constraints. Apply for this scholarship to explore a world of opportunities and empower yourself.
- Phone No: 29581000
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
AICTE Pragati Scholarship FAQs
What is the AICTE Pragati Scholarship?
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship is a scholarship program launched by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to encourage girl children to pursue higher education and continue their studies without worrying about the financial burden of tuition fees and other related expenses.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Only girl children are eligible for the scholarship, and they must be admitted to the first year of a Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year through the Centralized Admission Process of the State/Central Government. Only two girl children per family are eligible, and the annual family income must not exceed 8 lakhs.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarship covers tuition fees up to Rs. 30,000/- or the actual tuition fee, whichever is less. In addition, candidates are eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 2,000/- for incidental charges for 10 months each year. Candidates who are eligible for a tuition fee waiver/reimbursement are entitled to a grant of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of books, equipment, software, laptop, desktop, vehicle, and payment of fees for competitive examination applications/exams.
How are candidates selected for the scholarship?
The candidates will be selected on the performance that they have shown in their qualifying exams. The candidates will be provided with the merit list from the official website.
How can candidates apply for the scholarship?
Candidates can apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website of the scholarship. Make sure to follow the eligibility criteria and the application procedure mentioned above to apply for the scholarship.
Is there a specific age limit for applicants?
No, the scholarship does not have a specific age limit. However, applicants must be admitted to the 1st year of a Degree/Diploma course in AICTE-approved institutions through the Centralized Admission Process.
Are there any preferences for specific fields of study under this scholarship?
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship aims to support girls pursuing technical education. While there is no restriction to a particular field of study, the scholarship is intended for Degree/Diploma courses in AICTE-approved institutions.
Can a student apply if she is already receiving another scholarship?
Yes, students can apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship even if they are receiving another scholarship, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria and provide the necessary documents.
Is there an interview or exam as part of the selection process?
No, the selection process is primarily based on the candidate’s performance in their qualifying examinations. There is no interview or separate examination.
What should candidates do if they encounter technical issues during the application process?
If candidates encounter technical issues during the application process, they should reach out to the scholarship’s contact details, including the provided phone number and email address, for assistance and guidance.
How can applicants check the status of their application?
Applicants can check the status of their application by referring to the merit list published on the official scholarship website. It contains details about the beneficiaries and their application status.
Is there a helpline or customer support for inquiries related to the scholarship?
Yes, for any inquiries related to the scholarship, applicants can contact the provided phone number or email address for support and assistance.
What is the significance of the scholarship’s name “Pragati”?
The term “Pragati” means progress and advancement. The scholarship is named “Pragati” to symbolize the progress and empowerment of girls through higher education.
Can candidates apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship multiple times?
Yes, candidates can apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship each year as long as they meet the eligibility criteria and are pursuing their education.
How does the scholarship contribute to women’s empowerment?
The scholarship contributes to women’s empowerment by removing financial barriers and enabling girls to access higher education. It equips them with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue technical fields and achieve their educational and career goals.
What kind of courses are eligible for the scholarship?
The scholarship is eligible for Degree/Diploma courses at AICTE-approved institutions. There are no specific restrictions on the type of course, as long as it falls within the AICTE approval.
Can applicants apply for the scholarship if they have already completed the first year of their course?
No, the scholarship is specifically for students admitted to the 1st year of a Degree/Diploma course at AICTE-approved institutions through the Centralized Admission Process. Applicants who have already completed the first year are not eligible.
Are there any specific documents needed for candidates from the SC, ST, or OBC categories?
Candidates from the SC, ST, or OBC categories may need to provide additional documents, such as caste certificates, to demonstrate their category eligibility. It’s important to check the scholarship’s official guidelines for detailed document requirements.
Is the scholarship applicable to technical courses only, or can it be used for other fields of study?
While the scholarship primarily focuses on technical education, it is open to Degree/Diploma courses in AICTE-approved institutions, allowing students to pursue various fields of study within these institutions.
Are there any restrictions on the location of the institution for eligibility?
As long as the institution is AICTE-approved and the candidate is admitted through the Centralized Admission Process of the State/Central Government, the specific location of the institution is not a restriction for eligibility.
What happens if a candidate is found to provide false information during the application process?
If a candidate is found to provide false information during the application process, their scholarship may be revoked, and they may be required to refund the scholarship amount. It is essential to provide accurate and truthful information at all stages of the application.